Ex Petter solberg
- A sensational, freshly restored example of a legendary rally car, boasting competition provenance in the hands of World Rally Champion, Petter Solberg.
- This car also won the Circuit of Ireland National Rally outright in the hands of Sean Devine.
- In the S11-generation Impreza WRC, power comes from a 2.0-litre flat-four boxer engine, producing around 300bhp, coupled to a six-speed transmission and four-wheel drive.
- This car was subject of a restoration by renowned rally specialist Melvyn Evans, completed in November 2020, which returned the vehicle to its ‘as raced’ 2005 WRC configuration.
- The sale will include a day of introduction/tutorial by an engineer, to ensure the next owner has a good understanding of the setup and main controls.
- While this car is located in Luxembourg, it is currently still UK-registered as ‘HC54 WRC’.
- This Impreza S11 WRC2005 - PRO.05.007 - made its competition debut at the Cyprus Rally in May 2005. It won its very first stage, driven by world champion Petter Solberg alongside Phil Mills. The car also proved extremely competitive over the next three stages, but trailed in SS5 and SS6, before electrical problems put the car out of the rally altogether on SS7.
- The car returned to contest Rally Finland in August, again with Solberg and Mills, and this time it was much more successful. Solberg won three stages outright, with numerous other top-five finishes, to place fourth overall.
- Its final outing with Solberg was in November 2005 at Rally Australia. This could have been the Impreza’s crowning glory: they won the first three stages, only dropping to second for three of the next 10 stages. Solberg and Mills must have felt very confident going into SS14 in first place overall, before an engine fault frustratingly caused an unexpected exit from the rally.
- After its time with the Subaru WRC team, the car was acquired by Noel Redmond, and campaigned in Ireland, with only one documented retirement over eight events.
- Over the next 10 years, it was rallied by the likes of Sean Devine, John Lloyd, and Karl Simmons. With Sean Devine, it won the 2008 Circuit of Ireland National Rally, as well as several other events across 2008 and 2009.
- It was also entered in the 2013 Wales Rally GB National 3-day with Melvyn Evans behind the wheel.
- The S11 specification includes lightweight bodywork with flared wheel arches, uprated shock absorbers, and large disc brakes with AP Racing calipers.
- This car is equipped with HANS-compatible Atech Extreme Hi-Line racing seats, Schroth safety harnesses, carbon-fibre door panels, and a carbon-fibre centre console. The period livery has been faithfully recreated.
- The car comes with an MSA Competition Car Log Book from 2012, FIA Technical Passport from 2005, FIA homologation booklet, and a user manual for the WRC03 CoDriver Control Unit. As the car remains road legal, it also comes with the current V5C.
- It also comes with various spare parts and sets of wheels, as shown in the gallery.
- This car is currently in asphalt (Tarmac rally) configuration, and of course the next owner can adjust the setup as they wish.